Best Affiliate Links Of 2020
Wouldn't it be cool to earn passive income from your blog? Treat your blog like a startup business, not a hobby.
“Where do I begin?” Affiliate Marketing is your answer. Keep reading.
What is affiliate marketing?
Affiliate marketing is the process in which an affiliate attains a commission for marketing another company’s products or services. The affiliate simply promotes a product on their platform and subsequently earns a piece of the profit from each sale they make. Tracking is usually in a form of an affiliate 'link' when sharing content.
How does affiliate marketing work?
When a business enlists the help of an affiliate as a brand partner of sort. The affiliate then creates content or promotional material that draws interest from their network of followers, earning a commission on any sales referred by the affiliate.
How does affiliate marketing drive sales?
By assigning affiliates to promote a company’s products or services, they’re helping bring extra exposure. The added exposure drives traffic, which ultimately leads to sales.
Let’s get into the best affiliate links of 2020 that any level of blogger/writer can take advantage of.
Dreamhost is currently one of the top recommended web hosts available. With affordable prices, flexible packages and a great customer support team – there’s a convincing argument as to why they’re so highly recommended. Maybe it’s time you partnered with them too.
- Straight-forward referral process. Simply sign up (free and short), share your referral link and get paid for anyone that signs up to any of Dreamhost’s packages from it.
- Quality you can trust. Dreamhost comes recommended by various hosts to host their platform, that’s a recommendation you can absolutely trust.
- Requires your audience to need web hosting. Being one of the top web hosting services out there doesn’t mean much if your audience isn’t looking for web hosting.
2. Amazon Associates
The more popular online marketplace that can deliver anything from candy to a fully-functional drone to your door in a day. Growing exponentially. Every niche has its space on Amazon, which is why it’s such a great starting point for an Affiliate Marketing venture.
- Up to 10% on any qualifying product sale that comes from your link.
- All purchases the referred traffic make on Amazon, even if it’s not the product you linked to, count towards your affiliate revenue.
- Massively diverse selection of products. A one-stop shop for many people, causing orders to be far larger than the one product link they click on.
- The affiliate cookie only lasts 24 hours. If they come back and purchase after 24 hours, no revenue for you :(
- Lack of payout options. You can only get paid by cheque, bank transfer or Amazon gift card. Hopefully, they branch into digital payment methods soon.
3. eBay Partners
Even the user-based colossal marketplace that is eBay wants you to help advertise and sell the items on their platform. All you need to do is find listings you want to help promote, promote them using Ebay’s Partner Network tools, and you get paid!
- There is no marketplace more diverse than eBay. It’s user-based. Someone, somewhere, is selling any legal product you can think of. Nothing can rival that diversity.
- The most straightforward affiliate sales methods. No complex rules to follow, simply share your share-link for the listing and you earn if someone buys off it.
- Double Commission for the first 3 months. Extra revenue is always nice.
- If an auction takes over 10 days to end, you earn nothing – even if you’re the one that sent the winning bidder there. The downside of the auction side of things.
- You earn a percentage of what eBay would earn off the sale. Instead of affiliate and you, there’s affiliate, eBay and you – meaning you’re splitting the sale 3-ways. You get a large portion of what eBay would earn, but it’s worth being aware of how that works.
4. Shopify Affiliate Program
Shopify is one of the leading eCommerce software used by bloggers and online retailers. As a blogger yourself, you’re likely familiar with it. So, for those of you in niches where your audience will also be trying to sell online, Shopify is a great affiliate partnership for you to point them to.
- You earn a lot per referral. You earn the first two months of your referral’s subscription fee (200% bounty), up to $598 on standard plans. 100% bounty on the enterprise plan which pays $2,000.
- It’s a platform worth referring people to. Shopify is the leading contender in its space. Very few other eCommerce platforms come close.
- It’s pretty niche. While the payout is great, your audience needs to be selling things online for Shopify to ever be relevant to them.
Clickbank is much like ShareASale. A diverse marketplace filled with merchants that you pick-and-choose to promote, based on what your audience would be interested in.
- You will find something to promote. Their product database is one of the easiest to navigate out of any on this list. It makes finding something to promote really easy!
- No digital payment methods yet. Sadly they only offer: Check, Direct Deposit, Wire Transfers or Payoneer as their payment options. They need more digital options.
- Maximum of $150 earned per referral sale, regardless of product. That feels pretty limiting. It’d be nice to see a higher limit, or to simply allow for unlimited scaling.
6. Google AdSense
Google AdSense is an Online Advertising Network, not an affiliate platform. However, it is arguably the most popular way to earn off a blog. And it works on the same principles…
Promote something on your site, get paid for the interest your audience expresses in it.
- You don’t need to find a product to promote. Google AdSense handles what they’ll display on your site. You just need to give it the space to do so.
- You can disable specific types of ads if they’re not right for your site. Which is a mandatory option to have, really.
- The most reputable platform online. Google and AdSense are known by everyone, so you don’t need to ‘build credibility’ for what’s being promoted.
- You have to know an ad is a problem to address it. You won’t see ads, so you’re relying on your audience to let you know of problematic ads (if they occur).
- Great referral program for crypto traders
Stop procrastinating. Do your research. Sign up and earn yourself a passive referral income.
Web Dev Geo